Alert Info via Dahua IVS

mikeyno

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, is there any way to know what Dahua IVS triggered my camera? I can see alerts in my timeline and in my clips section, but it just shows a little lightning bolt in the timeline. It'd be nice to know the IVS name or reason why the camera was triggered. I'm a new BI user and have tried to research this on this forum and on the interwebs in general but can't seem to find anything. It seems events are provided via the ONVIF protocol, but perhaps there isn't much information in the event if it's obtained via ONVIF and only Dahua NVRs can capture this info?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately not from within BI.

You need to put an SD card in the camera and playback from the Camera GUI with the IVS rules on to see what triggered it.

mikeyno

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, thanks @wittaj . The reason I'd like to distinguish different types of IVS is because I'd like to get push notifications only for specific types of IVS. Perhaps there is more info about the Blue Iris alert via MQTT? Or maybe there is another way of only getting push messages for specific types of IVS via the camera itself?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure that out.

As of right now, The camera triggers and BI receives that it triggered and then performs whatever you have it set up to do. It cannot distinguish between the different IVS rules.

With the DVR you can do that, so you could say IVS1 does one thing and IVS2 does another.

If you want a push notification based solely out of the camera IVS, then you set it up that way. But you cannot tell it to notify you for human and not vehicle as an example.

You would then need to add DeepStack to the mix to be able to further define pushes for different objects.