Alert push notifications - shows only live feed, not triggered motion

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to set it up so that when a push notification comes to my phone from a triggered alert, and then when I swipe to open it, it shows me the motion that triggered it? right now it just takes me to a live feed of the camera and I cant even figure out how to go back and view the footage from the time frame of when it was set off

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
In the Alerts, I see there's an option to email out an MP4 video with a duration of x seconds. That way, you would get the notification to look in your inbox. In my setup, I have the alert just email me an image, but use PushOver.net from HomeSeer to also send out a notification.

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a few seconds of pre-trigger video buffer and the 3D touch feature on the iphone. When you get a push notification, if you 3D touch and hold the notification for a second, the alert pops open and plays a few frames of the trigger for you. I can't recall if the pre-trigger is what gave you that ability. I'm still looking thru the console to see if there was some other setting I just can't recall that made it possible.

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a few seconds of pre-trigger video buffer and the 3D touch feature on the iphone. When you get a push notification, if you 3D touch and hold the notification for a second, the alert pops open and plays a few frames of the trigger for you. I can't recall if the pre-trigger is what gave you that ability. I'm still looking thru the console to see if there was some other setting I just can't recall that made it possible.
where is the pre trigger video buffer option? I press and hold down the alert but no video or image pop up when it changes to that preview screen after holding the notification down.

edit - found the pre trigger buffer which is in BI - camera settings - Record tab. however I changed it from 0 seconds to 10 seconds but still not getting any video with my iPhone notifications from the BI app.

Uploaded image of when I press down the notification on my iPhone

Attachments

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
where is the pre trigger video buffer option? I press and hold down the alert but no video or image pop up when it changes to that preview screen after holding the notification down.

edit - found the pre trigger buffer which is in BI - camera settings - Record tab. however I changed it from 0 seconds to 10 seconds but still not getting any video with my iPhone notifications from the BI app.

Uploaded image of when I press down the notification on my iPhone
Do you have this enabled? Blue Iris settings > Web Server > Advanced > "10-image GIF" and "Send rich push (3D) notification."