Alert setting problem

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have three cameras that are set to play a sound wave over the BI server computer when the cameras are triggered. All three cameras play the sound wave when you hit the test button under the alerts tab. For some reason, the sound wave is not coming thru on the computer speakers when a camera is triggered. I have even installed a brand new camera from scratch but still can't get it to work. I had this function working at one time but for some unknow reason it quit. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a copy of settings.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not that it is a solution, but the help file says this can happen with the test button. One solution while not ideal is to not run as a service:

Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience:
• The service has no access to the Windows UI, meaning there are no visible windows.
• The service may have limited access to some hardware, which in some cases will include
access to the sound card to play sounds.
• Popup toast actions will only appear when the console is open.
• The service by default runs as a user called “local service” which does not have the same
access to the system as your user account. For most action types, it’s recommended that
you run the service with your own user account instead. This is changed by opening the
Windows service manager (search for services) and edit the Blue Iris service entry Login
page. See the Administration chapter for instructions.
• The service may not understand your file system designations like “H:” etc. as these are
user-specific. You should always use UNC names where possible (\\server\share).

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not that it is a solution, but the help file says this can happen with the test button. One solution while not ideal is to not run as a service:

Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience:
• The service has no access to the Windows UI, meaning there are no visible windows.
• The service may have limited access to some hardware, which in some cases will include
access to the sound card to play sounds.
• Popup toast actions will only appear when the console is open.
• The service by default runs as a user called “local service” which does not have the same
access to the system as your user account. For most action types, it’s recommended that
you run the service with your own user account instead. This is changed by opening the
Windows service manager (search for services) and edit the Blue Iris service entry Login
page. See the Administration chapter for instructions.
• The service may not understand your file system designations like “H:” etc. as these are
user-specific. You should always use UNC names where possible (\\server\share).
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you on this. I appreciate your help and I think you have found the problem. I have looked into what you are saying, I think. I have attached some pics for you to look at. I checked windows services as you suggested and This may be where the problem lies. As you can tell in the screen shot it does not say local console. It list Cleve. Don't know how that got there and don't know where to change it. I attached a screen shot of my "User Settings", and "Start-up page as well. Thanks for the help.

Attachments