Alert Timing

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a way to configure when an alert image fires after trigger? For example if I have an LPR cam and when BI triggers the alert, the vehicle plate isn't in full view of the cam yet. Or do I need to adjust where the zones are located so when it fires, it gets the plate image in view?

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to configure when an alert image fires after trigger? For example if I have an LPR cam and when BI triggers the alert, the vehicle plate isn't in full view of the cam yet. Or do I need to adjust where the zones are located so when it fires, it gets the plate image in view?
There are a couple good techniques. One is to have two zones and have it trigger when it is crossing between the two zones (hence close to the middle of the frame). Another is to use an overview camera and when it detects the vehicle in the correct location, trigger the LPR camera.

I'll have to look at my settings again, but I think I have mine using mikelud1's custom license-plate model to detect a DayPlate/NightPlate. When it sees that, it sends the image off to PlateRecognizer to get the numbers. We have well under 2500 plates a month, so this works well for us. If you need me to, I'll try and snapshot the settings.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, I currently use two zones and I Just moved them because it was triggering too late in the picture, hence now it triggers too early. I'll just need to fine tune it near the middle like you mentioned.