Alerts after v5 upgrade

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have email alerts set on my front and back door cameras. When I was on v4 they worked like a charm and sent the alert with an image attached. Ever since I updated to v5 they "kind of" work. I sometimes receive the alert with an image but I also receive a lot of these:

They have a text description of the image but it's not attached. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how'd you fix it?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have email alerts set on my front and back door cameras. When I was on v4 they worked like a charm and sent the alert with an image attached. Ever since I updated to v5 they "kind of" work. I sometimes receive the alert with an image but I also receive a lot of these:

They have a text description of the image but it's not attached. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how'd you fix it?
I see a lot of those in my alerts. However, in my case it appears that GMail is just slow to load them. One alert loads instantly, the next takes 5 seconds, another 30 seconds.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know what you're saying about the load times but my problem is that these never load. All I ever receive is this text description. Previous and following alerts load the image, but these "text" alerts will never load no matter whether I pull up Gmail on my phone, a computer web browser, or my email client. There is no image attached.

As mentioned previously, v4 worked like a charm. Is there a setting in BI 5 I need to tweak to get the image to attach?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems like gmail delays multiple emails from the same email address.
It took me a while to get mine working. I had to reduce the pic resolution for txt to verzion,
and alternate txt with emails.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems strangely coincidental that it worked fine one day and then upon the upgrade to v5 it quit being fine. Gmail didn't change, my version of BI did. ;)