Alerts for groups

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi - I have all my cameras belonging to one group. I have each camera set for motion detection and also set for sending an email alert if triggered by motion or group. However, I don't always get the emails. I then set them to go off whenever any camera is triggered, and in the motion tab, have trigger the group checked off. Still not getting emails from all the cams. Any suggestions?

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no it seems random - if I understand, in the motion tab, I set the motion and then check off groups, and then on the alerts tab, I have the cams triggered by any camera, or, I check triggered by and then pick motion and group. I wonder if choosing motion and group is too much for the camera to email if they happen at once so I get nothing. Right now I have the alerts set to fire by any camera in the group, and then motion tab is checked to trigger cams in that group. Is that correct?

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I want is for all of the cameras to send emails alerts if any camera is triggered by motion. Some cams seem to pick up motion better than others so I don't miss anything. But is it possible to overload them?

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Some cams seem to pick up motion better than others so I don't miss anything. But is it possible to overload them?
I think it would be the other way around. It's possible to overload BI with cams. As I understand it, you want the cams doing as much of the work as possible so the server isn't working as hard.

If some cams pick up motion better than others, I would try raising the sensitivity settings on those that are not working as you expect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I want is for all of the cameras to send emails alerts if any camera is triggered by motion. Some cams seem to pick up motion better than others so I don't miss anything. But is it possible to overload them?
What email service are you using?

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi - I have the highest sensitivity and use 1and1 and gmail. I have had these awhile and no trouble with the emails but I don't understand how to set up group triggering and how it works. If I want 3 cams to fire upon motion and also if a cam in the group fires then how do I do that ?