Alerts JPG Creation?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone here use the JPG creation along with recording on motion? If so I'm curious as to why/how this is valuable to you? To me it seems a bit redundant, but I'm still very much a n00b when it comes to Blue Iris, and would love to hear others experience on this...

I'm currently running 4 cameras set to record only on motion.

TIA!

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use the "create a jpeg" in the Record tab but I do use "Post JPEGs" under the Post tab. I do this because I record clips locally and want some off site record of motion without taxing bandwidth. I post jpegs to Dropbox which uses few resources. Periodically I delete them from Dropbox if they are of no value.

brizey

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone here use the JPG creation along with recording on motion? If so I'm curious as to why/how this is valuable to you? To me it seems a bit redundant, but I'm still very much a n00b when it comes to Blue Iris, and would love to hear others experience on this...

I'm currently running 4 cameras set to record only on motion.

TIA!

Maybe I am not doing it right, but when using the Android app I get an image with the alert if I have the jpg snapshot on. Otherwise, I get the alert, but have to go to the camera and then click on the clips, then the most recent clip. With it on, I can just touch the alert card and it goes right to the clip.

I like it.