Alerts on phone from IVS?

Reaction score
I use motion sensor to trigger my cameras with deep stack not object detection nor zone or hot spots.

I recently set up alerts to notify my phone after a burglary.

Now I get alerts when ANY person or car drives by my house. It's too much and I end up ignoring them.

How can I set up the alert so that it's only triggered if someone is actually on my property? IVS on the camera?

Most of my cameras are dahua 5224's. Can I setup a tripwire there and have that trigger the alerts to my phone? Is that what external trigger is for? How do I do this?
Below are some examples and what I'm looking at. THANK YOU!!
veg.PNGOldSt.20220614_133726838.14.jpgAlerts.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can set up BI to just alert based on ONVIF triggers

There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
Or you set up the areas A and B or whatever areas you are concerned with in BI and use Deepstack to knock out the alerts that are not humans.

Many different ways to go about it, but if your current setup is Zone A is the entire field of view, then yeah you will get notified for everything.

Reaction score
I just set up a tripwire on one of the cameras to test.
Selected "Get ONVIF Triggers" and did the find and inspect.

Where do I find the Motion Settings to select the "Cameras digital input" box?

On the Alerts tab, I unchecked the Motion Zones.

I'm not using object detection nor zone or hot spots.

Have to run out but am excited to get this going. Thanks so much @wittaj!
motion sensor.PNG

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The onboard AI works very well. I probably can count on one hand the false alerts I've seen. With one cam it was due to shadows of people walking by that extended into the area so I guess that's not really a false but more me not anticipating that.