Alerts Sound

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have setup each camera to play a sound when ther eis motion activity. I am not a advanced user of Mi, but really just scratching the surface as it may seam. I dont stream yet, and just usingit to monitor on a single screen and record motion activity.
These alerts I setup do get anoying as I sit at my desk with the Bi system running right next to me, as i have over 20 cameras, and there are cars, or birds and tree movements. While I want the motion of cars to be recorded, I DONT need each one making a Alert sound. For example: My front door at the street will have cars often pass by and I rather have them recorded, but I have set that Alert as my door bell, so I am more interested in seeing if someone is walking up to my door.

My question....
Is there a separate sound Alert defined section for a camera or cameras? Also, I wish there was a way to snooze the Alerts on cameras, or a simple Mute button for the Alerts. Likely there already is what I mention and perhaps I just dont know its icon or location.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right click a camera > Click "Camera Settings" > Click "Alerts" (Tab) > Actions (Area) > Click "On Alert" (Button) > Click the "+" (Button)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My question....
I wish there was a way to snooze the Alerts on cameras, or a simple Mute button for the Alerts. Likely there already is what I mention and perhaps I just dont know its icon or location.
Top of screen, speaker icon to left of volume slider. If it's green, sound is on; click once to change from green to a speaker with "X", sound is off.

Click on, click off.....if only sound from my wife could be controlled as easily. :winktongue:

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks...but top of screen on left, I have not played with and already has a faded X speaker icon. Right of screen with volume slider is for sound the camera MICs pickup and play, not the trigger Alerts. What it can use is a drop down for different speaker icons to control. The Alert sound icon can really use a option within for maybe a 32 Camera control...Meaning, I would like to leave the door Alert so if someone comes to the door I am Alerted. But first we should be able to mute Alerts on the GUi someplace.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks...but top of screen on left, I have not played with and already has a faded X speaker icon. Right of screen with volume slider is for sound the camera MICs pickup and play, not the trigger Alerts. What it can use is a drop down for different speaker icons to control. The Alert sound icon can really use a option within for maybe a 32 Camera control...Meaning, I would like to leave the door Alert so if someone comes to the door I am Alerted. But first we should be able to mute Alerts on the GUi someplace.
When setup properly, and this takes time, you can cut down on the amount of alerts drastically. See the included help file for more info on all of this.