Alerts suddenly stopped

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the past few months everything has been operating as expected. I recently added a ONVIF capable doorbell cam and things were working like they were supposed to. For some reason I have only gotten 2 alerts recorded all day when I normally get about 10 an hour. I have all cameras set to record continuously and when I go to the file directory where the files are stored I can see to large files.The alert file is empty (I guess it was set that way) but usually i can see the alerts pop up on the left side of my screen as it happens along with the corresponding timeline, but now there is nothing. Each event that passes I see the camera screen highlight as it trigger, but no events are being marked…. Not sure how my settings got messed up a I usually have my screens turned off all week long…
I just noticed when an event triggers I briefly see a snapshot taken that appears on the left side (I believe this is the blue stacks AI thing), but then it disappears whereas normally the snapshot would be replaced with the video snippet of the event

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you recently update BI? What version are you running? Many of experienced issues similar with a recent update.

From what it sounds like, you have DeepStack running and it isn't finding anything, so either you are getting the Server Error 100 or DS isn't finding anything.

The alert is disappearing to the cancelled alerts that you can see by either selecting the folder option top left and tell it to show cancelled alerts, or you can go to that particular camera and tell it to keep cancelled alterts on the timeline.

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Running release 5.4.9.4 X64 (7/1/21). You are right, the cancelled alerts is full of everything that normally is shown in that section. I unchecked “Hide cancelled alerts on timeline and ’all alerts’”, and hopefully that will put things back the way they were. While I have your attention, how can I increase the motion detection area of a camera to cover the whole frame or is that a matter of camera hardware? I tried to do it both in BI and by logging onto the camera, but I can’t seem to find it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so if you are missing true alerts, rollback to a stable version. Many here have not had much success with 5.4.8.X and above, but many also do not have problems with the newer updates either.

How are you having motion done - through the camera and pulling ONVIF triggers or with BI motion.

I suspect the issue you are talking about is you see a blue box that doesn't cover the whole frame? If so, turn off object detection boxes where is says reset after 67% (that is what is not making it the whole frame) and turn off object travels 100 pixels.

If that isn't your issue, then the whole frame is simply going into BI motion and making sure Zone A is the entire frame.

Post screenshots of your issue if the above isn't addressing your concern.

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. I’ll have to google how to rollback…..
2. yes, the object detection box did the trick
3. trigger sources: motion sensor, cameras digital input or motion alarm and trigger until reset is checked
4. You’ve been a God-send more than once in my BI journey. Thanks so much for the continued tech support

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad it worked!

Just go to the main BI console screen and it gives you an option to stay on current version, rollback to the last stable version, update to current version, or rollback to another version you have saved on your machine.

While there, turn off automatic updates if it is checked.

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Googled the info and I’LL wait till tonight to rollback since I am farming/mining crypto on my BI system

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It’s proof of space crypto so its very low resources unlike proof of work or even proof of stake (its only a few reads occasionally off of some attached USB drives) and I am only running 3 cameras including a doorbell cam on 16 GB of RAM on an i7-6700 processor so the CPU ranges from 15%-20% RAM 604.0M. I haven’t noticed any hardware hiccups. Is there something you can suggest I should check to see if my system is being taxed that I can’t see? I am just going off of the figures cited on the bottom of my BI screen that shows CPU and RAM usage