Alexa We Need Guns - Home Automation Setup

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Imagine Alexa refusing and tell you guns are bad. You need to start watching the new show NeXT on FOX (started last night). When your device starts asking you questions, watch out and if you talk back, it'll take control of your car and smash you. :eek:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ad in the fact that Alexa isn't always dependable and may take more than once to command her.
She answers "“Gum is a soft cohesive substance often chewed in the mouth"

Is it just me, or does anyone else argue with Alexa when she's being a stubborn bitch? :cool:
I am glad that you brought this up. I was considering going to the doctor.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with a dumb home and dumb devices. Alexa, Siri and all the rest can take a trip somewhere else. As far as guns, I don't have to ask to get to them, just grab and go.
Absolutely, I would not rely on any of those so called smart IoT things, especially something from Bozos. I get frustrated just trying to talk to Google on the phone.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope....No devices in my home that I talk to or that talk to me Uh uh , and the cats just look at me like I’m an idiot.

I do wonder at times if my Samsung TV is listening to me however .......

View attachment 72157
Oh, your Samsung tv is with out a doubt. I just logged in and checked, but your house is quiet at the moment. ;)

Reaction score
Minus all the 'what if' stuff about Alexa (and I really don't want Alexa to know about my 'toys'), that is freak'n cool as shit! I don't rely on electricty to store my 'toys', so that to me is a no-no. Still, a solid 10 for cool and geek factor!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an idea. Give the Echo Dots to kids nearby so they can use them as hockey pucks ;)

My wife has a thing for Alexa, she's a worse gadget freak than me. I have days I have to resist the urge to throw the Echo's out in the street, during rush hour.