Algorithm authorization expired, please update license

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently I got this warning on my IPC-HFW3241E-SA.
Anybody knows the reason and how can I fix it?
Thanks.
1614125619398.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This might help

Thanks for your info.
Anyway this is not my case. I bought this camera last June (2020) and it has been working since then. Yesterday, during a periodic reboot that I do for maintenance, the red triangle appeared... Today I tested the IVS function and it works perfectly, so I went to camera web interface page and... the triangle has just disappeared! I did several reboot, but the triangle has never appeared again.
Very Strange. I am going to contact the dealer to see if they have some answers, but I don't think I'll get useful info.
I can suppose that, sometimes, the cam contacts some server somewhere to check if it is original (it is licensed) but yesterday it was not able to do it. But, what if the camera network is not connected to internet? I will post further update if any.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Probably just a bug then in the reboot startup. These things can get hung up on something and a reboot fixes as you found out. I wouldn't worry about it since a reboot fixed it.

Do you have an SD card in the camera? If so check and see if it is full as it is a known issue the cameras can get buggy with a full SD card.

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Probably just a bug then in the reboot startup. These things can get hung up on something and a reboot fixes as you found out. I wouldn't worry about it since a reboot fixed it.

Do you have an SD card in the camera? If so check and see if it is full as it is a known issue the cameras can get buggy with a full SD card.
Yes, I have a 128GB SD mounted, but is almost empty (380 MB used). I think would be better to upgrade since the current fw is pretty old (V2.800.0000000.21 is available)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Before you updgrade the firmware, be 100% sure that you have a camera that can be. Many cameras sold are not able to be updated and we get a lot of threads started with people that bricked their camera because it was not able to be updated.

Many vendors put a notice on the write-up, but many do not.

1614176459303.png

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before you updgrade the firmware, be 100% sure that you have a camera that can be. Many cameras sold are not able to be updated and we get a lot of threads started with people that bricked their camera because it was not able to be updated.

Many vendors put a notice on the write-up, but many do not.

View attachment 83369
Thank for the info. Anyway I buy all my Dahua cams from an authorized dealer so I never experienced any trouble in fw upgrade (of course I use only fw from Dahua intrnational website).
So I upgraded to the last official fw this morning and all seems to work fine. Now 'Algorithm Version' has changed from 1.0.0 of previous fw to 1.0.2 and IVS functions seem to work better (more sensitive).