Alhua IR bullet camera - Playback speed controls absent?

Reaction score
Alhua Model DH-IPC-HFW1230DS-SAW

I have been trying to use 'SmartPSS' on a mac to monitor my camea. I'm using an older intel machine, and have downloaded the SmartPSS version for intel. However, I haven't been able to monitor my camera consistently using this application - and it spontaneously quits on me quite regularly.

I am able to log into the camera on my browser by inputting the static ip address, and all of the functions displayed on the browser UI work ok, including Playback - however while I can pause playback, I don't see any controls to speed up or slow down playback.
Also, dav or jpg are the only two formats available to download recorded files - and dav files won't play natively on mac. Is there a workaround to play these downloaded files.....other than converting to a format which will play on a Mac?

Thanks again

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll try to help

1- Alhua = Dahua, their logo is just a mess
2- SmartPSS had some issues on certain mac OS versions, I dont have the details. It works fine as a viewer/playback/download app on Windows machines and has full controls for speed of playback
3- The FW on most Dahua gtear is browser sensitive. I'm not familiar with their low end wireless cameras, but on their NVRs with that same FW version, many controls including the ones you note will not appear unless using old fashioned IE, though I have some success with Edge in IE mode
4- Both SmartPSS and most Dahua gear allow with newer (>2020?) FW, options to download MP4

There are free converters that will convert /dav to .mp4