Aliexpress payment question

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With all this hacking into user's personal data going on, I am wondering just how safe Aliexpress is with my personal credit card info. I know that they don't take Paypal, because I registered, put an item in my cart and it was not offered to me on the payment page. Has anyone issues with Aliexpress regarding personal credit card data? How safe would you rate it? I prefer Paypal, because all I have to click is "Paypal", and they have my data so that I never need to manually enter it into a website that uses Paypal. If that website asks me to enter anything that Paypal already has, I simply don't use that website, as they are really asking me to fill it in for their database, which I refuse to do.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Call your bank, see if they have temporary credit card numbers that can be issued via their website for internet shopping, where they give you a specific temporary visa # that is good only for a single transaction.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Aliexpress is very trustworthy...its parent company alibaba is traded on the NYSE and has a partnership with yahoo. Your info is not provided to vendors.
Keep in mind you dont want to use prepaid debit cards or any debit card as they often dont provide consumer protections available with credit cards.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think paying via Paypal is anymore secure then using a secure website that asks for your credit card details. Both methods are covered by fraud protection. If you're not using non-Paypal sites then your paranoia means you are missing out on good deals.

Aliexpress for payment is fine but remember it's just like eBay, so whereas the Paypal payment on eBay is secure, whether the sender sends you the goods is up to them, not Paypal. Same for Ali.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"If you're not using non-Paypal sites then your paranoia means you are missing out on good deals."

Are you an Alibaba shill??

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Read the next paragraph... plus I was saying non-Paypal sites, not just Alibaba.

Ask a stupid question and don't like sensible answer or different views, then post stupid comments. Well don't expect replies to further stupid questions.

I personally wouldn't use Aliexpress again after I had problems, but plenty of others have had good experiences.

I suppose I should of said: Are you a Paypal shill??