Aliexpress POE injector

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IWS for almost 2 years now.
Currently I'm using a standard 12V power supply to power the camera.

Now I'm thinking about powering the camera with a POE-injector like this one.
Does anyone have experience with this kind of POE-injector?

A POE-switch is way overkill since I'm only using 1 camera. The seller is reputable and it sold hundreds of times.
So I guess it will work fine, but I'm just here asking for some opinions and/or experiences with something like this.

The biggest drawback is that it looks like it's not a real POE (802.3af) injector but basically a passive POE-injector.
So if you would connect a non-POE device to it; you would fry it.
And max. cablelength is probably shorter then actual 802.3af but the ethernetcable I think of using for the camera is only about 3 meters long anyway; so no problem there.

Oh, and as for the data connection; currently is going over Wifi something we all know is not the best way to do it.
But pulling an ethernetcable to the camera is not an option since it would have to go trough several concrete floors, brick walls etc.
I have good experiences with powerline-adapters in this house and was thinking about using that with the camera. (in other words; short patch cable from powerline adapter to the above POE-injector)

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 4 that look like that one. A couple have been in service for a year or more. No issues.