Reaction score
Hey there,

i've got the following setup:

Win10
I7-6700
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 530
BlueIris 5.3.0.3

The sxoftware itself is running perfectly fine, all recordings and liveviews are good. But all the liveviews and recordings im watching either with the webserver or android app are kinda inverted in green. Had this issues a few weeks ago after i updated the client, so i downgraded again to the older ones which fixed the problem.
Now i've got the very same problem but either down nor upgrading did not help. Any advise for me?

Here's a pictures of how it looks:

green.png

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you use the BI app to temporarily disable the camera, then go back in and reenable the camera, does it correct the issue?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it always on the same device that the video is corrupted this way? If so, I would suspect your hardware video decoder is defective.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For me, it started happening irregularly on two of my cameras a month or so back. If I disable/reenable the cameras (within BI) they work fine for an indefinite amount of time. I ended up turning off hardware decoding for these two cameras. Ken mentioned something about defective video decoder as well, although with the system decoding 10 other cameras without any problem, I'm confused about how a failing decoder on the PC would fail on those two specific cameras.

ZineX

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it always on the same device that the video is corrupted this way? If so, I would suspect your hardware video decoder is defective.
Nope. Happening on 3 different mobile devices same as on 2 different computers accessing the webserver.
For me, it started happening irregularly on two of my cameras a month or so back. If I disable/reenable the cameras (within BI) they work fine for an indefinite amount of time. I ended up turning off hardware decoding for these two cameras. Ken mentioned something about defective video decoder as well, although with the system decoding 10 other cameras without any problem, I'm confused about how a failing decoder on the PC would fail on those two specific cameras.
Checked hardware decoding the first time already, didnt do anything tho.
Tried disable and reenabling, didnt do the trick either. :-(
Also already restarted the cameras and server.

ZineX

n3wb
Reaction score
Also im just seeing lots and lots of errors "Error decoding h.264 frames" once i log into the webserver.

Edit: I now disabled all 9 cameras for a couple of minutes and reactivated them. Its getting even more weird. Got them seperated into 2 groups. Both group views (all group cmaeras at once) worked, most of the cams directly aswell. Some still had the issue. Now after a couple more minutes both groupwindows are green again, same as for most of the cameras. Some are still good tho.

Last edited:

ZineX

n3wb
Reaction score
Allright i couldnt seem to find anything helpful so i downgraded to 5.2.9.17 (chose a random version which ran fine for me). Right now its working fine.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats weird, but glad it's at least stable on an older version.

Jsjjsz

n3wb
Reaction score
@ZineX - I have a similar issue that has just appeared seemingly out of nowhere. On an iPhone the app shows all the cameras in green, and the webserver says "error decoding h.264 frame(s)" - however the webserver on an android and on PC is working perfectly fine.

For now I downgraded to 5.2.9.14 and that is working fine.

Jsjjsz

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a think and realised I tinkered with the webserver settings which may have caused the issue.

Under advanced in the encoder options on the console I changed it from High 10 to Default and it is working fine. (earlier today I changed it to High 10).

I have swapped back to the latest version 5.3.3.16 and everything is now working as it should.

Hope that helps your situation