All recording stops

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have three cameras. They are on continuous video and each snap a photo a second. All is set to store on my terabyte drive with plenty of space. I have the folder settings for over 1000 gb. For some reason, all recording stops after working properly for hours. How do I fix this? I have no schedule so no reason for them to stop. Maybe I don't have the settings right - how do you direct all clips and recordings to record on an external drive? They work for about6 hours and quit.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The TB drive you are storing this stuff on, are you storing them in the root of the drive or a folder off the root? Windows used to have issues where if you had too many files in the root of a drive, it simply stopped storing them. just to see if this is an issue, try saving them in a sub folder if you are not already. That would be the first thing I tried. Why are you saving a snap a second and video? Why not just save snaps when there is motion? Just curious. I have mine set to record motion and send a bunch of snaps via FTP to my remote site whenever there is motion.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi - Yes I made a Camera folder and have the new clips there, an alerts folder, a storage folder. Do you designate these on the general clips and archiving page or within each camera properties, under the recording tab, in the folder section? I have mine take a snap a second because the motion detection is bad on these cams and they miss things.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both. I setup the FTP server and I do the general clips and archiving. Then for each camera I set up a rotation for each camera in the POST section of their settings. So one is kind of general for all and then specific for each camera, depending on the importance of the location that the camera is in. For example the Front door takes more and does it more often than the hallway.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where do you designate the clips and archiving? I am not using a ftp although I guess I could. The post tab I thought was just jpegs - is that video too? I see on the video tab for each camera that there are folders and files like &CAM etc.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I can tell it's just jpegs. I have them set to post a series of jpegs, once ever 2 seconds, for a couple of hundred jpegs each motion trigger that is done. I can then take software that you can find out there for free and have them combine all the jpegs into a what I would call a stop action video. A program called MAKE-AVI will do it for free.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe I can save jpeg to external drive and keep video on c internal drive