Allow camera to access internet

mentax

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have some issues to make internet works on my camera.
I have Dahua NVR which has PoE switch. I check my NVR -> Switch section:

IP Address: 10.1.1.1
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 10.1.1.1

Login to my Dahua cam, go to Setting > Network > TCP/IP and make sure that default gw is 10.1.1.1
Now when I go to Setting > System > Upgrade > Manual check - it return me Check time is out

So, I believe that camera did not see internet? Is there any switch configuration other than ip/netmask/gateway?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No thats it

"Setting > System > Upgrade > Manual check" has never worked for me on any Dahua device.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you want to view the camera directly of the internet and not via the NVR? If so this is not possible if you are using the internal NVR DHCP as there is not NAT between this and the NVR ethernet that is connected to the internet router. The IP class is different.

To be able to achieve what you want, you need to connect this camera to the same network as the NVR and remember to add a POE as the camera requires power (you could add an injector instead of a POE switch).

mentax

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I just wanna have ability to sync NTP/Check updates/Send Email alerts from camera itself. I can't believe that NVR5232-16P can't work as a simple NAT router to allow camera access to internet