Alternate software to playback files in NAS

Reaction score
Hey to all. I'm new to ip cameras as I just bought 5x Hik 2CD2010FI cams. (I know they're not upto the standard here on this forum of using 2-3 MP cams. But those were out of my budget)
I have an entry level NAS solution in the form of Netgear WNDR4700 with multiple partitioned drive, so every camera has it's own 200GB area. Had spent a good amount of time on this forum to learn about setting up CIFS.

My problem is on my Yoga 2 pro, being a QHD+ screen, the layout of iVMS 4200 app is ridiculously small as the app is not DPI aware. So, is there any PC app that can read the storage files with the timeline? Or opening IP of every camera is the only solution?

Also (2) Can someone suggest the best setting for the image quality? How much should be the bitrate, brightness, WDR etc? (They're being used outdoors)

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure of this will help but you can install ivms4500. Which is hiks android app. There are simple programs that you can install on your PC that will allow you to install and run android apps. Ivms4500 will allow you to view recorded footage

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I quickly tried to run an android emulator and ivms4500 on my pc but it didnt work. Let us know if you find something that works.