alternative firmware for IPC-F42P Imou Bullet 2C

Jochen1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have got a IPC-F42P camera, a.k.a Imou Bullet 2C 4MP.

At the place where the camera should be used there is no internet access. So I wanted the camera to take snapshots in a fixed interval and if (human) motion is detected. The snapshots should be stored to a simple local FTP server that I can watch them when I am at the location. Some regions at the edge of the images should be masked out for legal reasons (privacy).

Unfortunately the firmware of the IPC-F42P does not provide a web interface for configuration and the Imou App has no option for FTP.

I noticed that the design of the camera and its specifications look very similar to the IPC-HFW1430DT-STW from the brand Dahua.

Does anybody know if the hardware is actually the same?

I have tried to upgrade the firmware of IPC-F42P with different firmware files I found for IPC-HFW1430DT-STW using the Dahua ConfigTool. The upgrade process started but got stuck at about 50% each time. Afterwards camera restarted with the former Imou firmware.

Is it possible to get rid of the limited Imou firmware?

Bene.s

n3wb
Reaction score
As far as I know the imou cameras are locked to imou firmware and there is no way to set it up for time-lapse.
However, with 'smart-pss' from duhua you are about to set a secondary storage device as a ftp server. This is not an option I have tested myself. Personally I would disable human detection, leaving motion detection active, and swith to the dmss app. Its far more reliable. And presumably there is a network connection so why not remotely store to a nvr or if the machine you wanted to use as a ftp server is capable of accepting p2p or online connections go down that route because the cameras support it even with the imou software

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Imou's camera can only be updated with LC_IPC-Consumer firmware.
Can't be replaced Dahua firmware.
Because the flash chip is only 8MB