Alternative to blue iris

unfortunately outside of return period. any way to salvage what i have
You could try frigate.

Those cameras are going to underwhelm, especially at night. You could also add more light.

Hello all,

i'd love to take up some of you guys on your recommendations and offers to share your systems/setup.

i am new to the Home Automation world and subsequently new to Blue Iris. I have a background in IT (mostly storage server rack hardware like NetApp). we recently bought a house and picked up 4 (2 packs of Amcrest 2-Pack UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White (2PACK-IP8M-T2599EW)) and an 8 POE NVR. all the cameras are up all the camera feeds are in HA but i'm having quite a time with Triggers and Motion detection and the AI side of it

Here's what i wat to accomplish:
1. have motion detection alerts to my phone and wifes phone when confirmed motion alerts happen such as a car driving into the driveway or someone walking into the front yard (gate) confirmed by AI but i'm honestly lost here
2. i'd like to leverage home assistant as well to create separate triggers based on if motion is detected such as turn on (location xx light)
3. be able to get notifications while i'm away from home (not on local lan) and/or access BI remotely while not on local lan depending on where notifications originate from this could be a BI thing or HA thing (currently using HA so may be a non-issue)

i have the blueiris addon installed in HA and MQTT setup but the motion detection sets its status then does nothing for hours on end when i know there is motion going on. i have to assume that i have something setup incorrectly in BI since its currently the source of motion, i am not using amcrest motion detection.

my hardware running BI is an hp desktop with a i5-12400 104 gb of ram running windows 10 pro 2 2tb nvme drives 1 4 tb storage drive nvidia rtx 3060 i also have plugged in a coral usb accelarator
with the current setup i have i'm looking at idle 25-40% cpu usage and 7-12% gpu usage ~6gb or ram usage

what would be helpful to share related to my camera setups to narrow down motion detection issues and notifications if applicable

My home system is basically set up the way you're wanting yours to work.

You can get #1, #2, #3 done pretty easily.
#2 is gonna work 3-10 seconds after the fact, but you can definitely get it working.

You need a working BI and CodeProject.AI (I prefer run it in Docker in Linux). Once you get these two figure out, then you can work on integrated with HA.

Thing I found, BI to text is going to get your BI server banned from your cell phone provider, use email instead.
HA notification can be slow at times.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.