Alternative ways to use in camera motion?

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm back with a few more questions. I was able to setup my hikvision cubes to use the pir with blue iris. I didn't find this in any of the guides but my cams have a tab called "other alarm" where you had to check a box to activate the pir first.

This has me wondering if there is any other way to use on board motion with other cams? Maybe this wouldn't work well at all but if BI could poll a directory somewhere that your cams are dumping snapshots ... Could this in theory signal BI to record and then stop again once the snap shots no longer show up? Not sure what kind of delay this would cause in recording. I'm running 6 cams on an a-10 with 35% cpu usage somehow. I should really upgrade my machine now that I've added cams.

I was also wondering where do you find the help file? It always says something like not found or cant access the server when I try and open in BI.

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris can use the in camera motion - it supports onvif push pull events...though blue iris' own motion detection is much better. There are several threads that discuss it as well as the help file...the help file should open when you hit help..if that doesnt work reinstall.

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks. All this time I didn't think BI had a help file. I continue to be impressed with what BI can do with MD. I'm trying to tweak things so I only receive alerts about foot traffic in my yard. I think its good to record cars but not something I want to see when reviewing. I am siding with the 24/7 recording camp for some cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks. All this time I didn't think BI had a help file. I continue to be impressed with what BI can do with MD. I'm trying to tweak things so I only receive alerts about foot traffic in my yard. I think its good to record cars but not something I want to see when reviewing. I am siding with the 24/7 recording camp for some cams.
You can set the camera to 24/7 recording and still use motion mark the timeline or send alerts..