Am I Overloading NVR?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does the red line indicate, see attached photobitrate.jpg? Am I overloading Dahua NVR4208-4k?
4 cams connected in network, 2 cams 1920*1080 4096VBR, 1 cam2688*1520 6144CBR, and 1 cam 2048*1536 4096VBR.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The red line is the combined Mbps of all your cameras going into the NVR.

It's no where near overloaded. Red doesn't mean overloaded!

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I should be able to change the VBR to CBR and NVR should be able to handle the increased bit rate?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I should be able to change the VBR to CBR and NVR should be able to handle the increased bit rate?
Why? Change the 4MP camera to VBR. Leave the rest as be. They are all fine. CBR means you're going to be not optimising your recordings.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why? Change the 4MP camera to VBR. Leave the rest as be. They are all fine. CBR means you're going to be not optimising your recordings.
Now I'm confused. I have all mine set to CBR. What does that mean Del Boy..? "Not optimising your recordings.." Just curious if I have mine set correctly..

(NVR5416 w 4MP cams....)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
VBR can be hit/miss.. depends on how well the camera handles it, but I find it lowers the bitrate too far for my tastes.. at least on recordings.. if your short on disk space its surely something you should consider.

I run VBR on my substreams, really helps when your on a mobile data connection.. but I record w/CBR, because I have more storage than I really need.. except my LPR camera, since its basically a black image @ night, its being recorded as VBR and its a huge improvement in storage required.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
VBR can be hit/miss.. depends on how well the camera handles it, but I find it lowers the bitrate too far for my tastes.. at least on recordings.. if your short on disk space its surely something you should consider.

I run VBR on my substreams, really helps when your on a mobile data connection.. but I record w/CBR, because I have more storage than I really need.. except my LPR camera, since its basically a black image @ night, its being recorded as VBR and its a huge improvement in storage required.
I was a little foggy on those settings. My bitrate on CBR stays around 10000 or so. On VBR it goes down to around 2500. Thanks for the clearing that up Nayr.