Am I the only one with the problem post 5.4.7.7?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here's the email that I just sent to Ken:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a problem with every release after 5.4.7.7. With every release including the current one, almost every time I start Blue Iris up, the screen goes to standby and nothing wakes it back up. On the times that it has started up without putting the monitor on standby, if I stop Blue Iris and start it up again, it invariably puts the monitor on standby. This is repeatable. Even though I can't see it, Blue Iris is working as I'm able to see it via UI3 on my tablets. I've tried everything to wake the monitor up but always end up with having to shut the machine down via the power button and then start it back up. Each new release, I've ended up reverting back to 5.4.7.7, and then never have that problem.

I'm not running it as a service.
I'm not using Hardware accelerated decode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No one else here has mentioned anything like this, so... Am I the only one that has this issue? Any thoughts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My system gets really unstable past 5.4.6.3.

I will get the BI console not opening one time. Have to kill the task to get it going. But not consistent. Will work fine for 4 or 5 times looking at it throughout the day and then bam.

Remote Desktop stops working. But not consistent. Will work 4 or 5 times I jump on during the day and then bam.

I get out of memory errors on a few of the cameras.

Reboots get it going again. Thank goodness for the reboot function in UI3.

DeepStack will quit working.

My system can't go a day without having an issue when beyond 5.4.6.3.

When I rollback to 5.4.6.3 the system is stable again and doesn't have any of these issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have had issue with versions beyond 5.4.5.3, mostly the dreaded "live.sem stuck" error while using UI3. I have had BI crash twice in the last week on the latest stable version so I revert back to 5.4.5.3 and it does not auto restart. The error was that BI ran out of virtual memory. I have 32GB of physical memory and have never seen it above 9GB. Of course this crash was always late night, like 3am.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Remote Desktop stops working. But not consistent. Will work 4 or 5 times I jump on during the day and then bam.
Tell me a little more about Remote Desktop not working. I had that happen last week for the first time. I was getting 0x204 errors when trying to connect.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I got that error and then another error I got was that I had exceeded the number of authorized users into it remotely and then sometimes I was getting an error where it just flat out wouldn't go and return to the login screen. A couple of times it would let me in, but then would sit on the computer login screen (the one where it changes backgrounds).

None happened until I started past 5.4.7.X. Rolling back and all is good.