Amazon 2 Package Toss Delivery

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
My USPS guy hates me I think, I get deliveries of 3500 147gr boolits fairly regularly. ;)
Flat rate priority shipping. So he has no idea what's inside. You know if it fits it ships!
My buddy the cannon-building machinist shipped a bunch of Cannon boolits (about 7 lbs each) as well as a gadget for swaging them (complete with the cannon rifling) to a guy where he was going for a shoot, and he put them all in "if it fits, it ships" boxes. The PO HAD to hate him a LOT! He didn't want to mess with trying to carry and explain that stuff on the airlines.

He casts these bullets using some fancy gadgets he machined. I need to shoot some video of him casting them sometime. It's quite a production. They spend a lot of time casting, then machining, and swaging the bullets to make sure they're dynamically balanced and very consistent to try to achieve good accuracy at these meets.

But really, a box totally packed with smaller "normal" bullets might weigh even more because they pack all of the void space so efficiently. :)

I will say that I have had some cases of ammo damaged when the dealer didn't provide any overpack for the actual case-O-ammo. With no protection, especially at corners, and being so heavy for their size, it really doesn't take much of a bump on a corner to screw up the rounds at that corner. I blame that on the seller more than the shipping outfit.

The most negligent packaging I ever got was from Cabellas, who shipped me a massive bench-rest and seemed to use a bunch of 50-round boxes of rather fancy .22 and some .17HMR as packing around the BR! Needless to say, the BR pretty well destroyed all of the ammo as it wandered around in the box, using the ammo for padding! Sheesh. But again, not really the shipping company's fault.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably be fired in the UK for tossing a package. These days we've gone the other way, they won't even leave it with neighbours. Instead take it back to the depot, and tell you to arrange re-delivery.

Real men shoot .45 ;) lol jk
These days real men fire 7.5 FK, or was that rich men?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Real men shoot .45 ;) lol jk

My mailman once tossed an Amazon package and it actually broke what was inside so I reported him. He has been great to everyone in the neighborhood since. @lulu5kamz do you tip around the holidays? :D:p
Arthritis in my wrist really doesn't approve of me shooting 45's any longer. ;)

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My buddy the cannon-building machinist shipped a bunch of Cannon boolits (about 7 lbs each) as well as a gadget for swaging them (complete with the cannon rifling) to a guy where he was going for a shoot, and he put them all in "if it fits, it ships" boxes. The PO HAD to hate him a LOT! He didn't want to mess with trying to carry and explain that stuff on the airlines.

He casts these bullets using some fancy gadgets he machined. I need to shoot some video of him casting them sometime. It's quite a production. They spend a lot of time casting, then machining, and swaging the bullets to make sure they're dynamically balanced and very consistent to try to achieve good accuracy at these meets.

But really, a box totally packed with smaller "normal" bullets might weigh even more because they pack all of the void space so efficiently. :)

I will say that I have had some cases of ammo damaged when the dealer didn't provide any overpack for the actual case-O-ammo. With no protection, especially at corners, and being so heavy for their size, it really doesn't take much of a bump on a corner to screw up the rounds at that corner. I blame that on the seller more than the shipping outfit.

The most negligent packaging I ever got was from Cabellas, who shipped me a massive bench-rest and seemed to use a bunch of 50-round boxes of rather fancy .22 and some .17HMR as packing around the BR! Needless to say, the BR pretty well destroyed all of the ammo as it wandered around in the box, using the ammo for padding! Sheesh. But again, not really the shipping company's fault.
I bet you can't purchase those in bulk for seven cents each! :wow: That would be neat to see video.

My boolit supplier Everglades Ammunition and Reloading from down in @bigredfish area know's how to pack properly. Others could learn from him.