Amazon shares ring video's 11 times this year, without consent.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Story here.

Color me shocked......not.
Amazon has provided Ring doorbell footage to law enforcement 11 times this year without the user’s permission, a revelation that’s bound to raise more privacy and civil liberty concerns about its video-sharing agreements with police departments across the country.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Story here.

Color me shocked......not.
Amazon has provided Ring doorbell footage to law enforcement 11 times this year without the user’s permission, a revelation that’s bound to raise more privacy and civil liberty concerns about its video-sharing agreements with police departments across the country.
Great article and does high light the obvious dangers with anything that is connected to the cloud. The general public have been sold on this given the ease of use and many times free storage. Along with the ease in which to access the same with zero technical knowledge of security and networking.

Just scan a IRQ code and zip you're connected and able to view, talk, and listen . . .

The magic has been released and its never ever coming back and Joe Public is to blame.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There might be someone out there that does not do this... the rest of us are all guilty of it: scroll to the bottom of the EULA as fast as possible, click 'accept' and then the 'next' button to complete the install.
Good point and I confess that I've done it too many times in the past and may have dodged a bullet or two but the last couple of years I read ALL of it before I "accept."

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I would be interested to learn what the imminent danger situations were. Along with the one's classified as being so important that the police were given access. Playing devils advocate lets say in all eleven cases the request was legitimate and the end result was life & property was saved.

Would that change the views some of you hold?? :thumbdown:

I can freely admit throwing the police under the bus on many occasions because some of the actions and the end result was completely avoidable and unnecessary. :angry: Regardless, all we can do is educate and teach others what the pros and cons are for going this route.

Life's about choices and taking on responsibility for one's own actions. If Joe Public see's value in such technology Rock On and enjoy. But, if said technology comes back to bite your dick off - Roll Off! :rofl: