Amazon UK Customers are going to be pissed

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Lots of dirty stuff going on here and thought I'd never say this but somebody has to make a stand so good on Amazon.

Essentially what has happened and this a a very basic short and dirty summary is that Visa has taken the UKs exit from the EU to increase transaction prices for purchases made using Visa claiming that the UK can no longer be offered the rates agreed within the EU, this is in spite of the fact that their rates are already high and Visa have refused to review or negotiate.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Lots of dirty stuff going on here and thought I'd never say this but somebody has to make a stand so good on Amazon.

Essentially what has happened and this a a very basic short and dirty summary is that Visa has taken the UKs exit from the EU to increase transaction prices for purchases made using Visa claiming that the UK can no longer be offered the rates agreed within the EU, this is in spite of the fact that their rates are already high and Visa have refused to review or negotiate.
So business as usual.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's VISA's stated aim to replace physical cash, and everything they do is geared towards that goal.
Not just a case of "hey we'd like you to use plastic" but actively disrupting and lobbying against cash.
Cannot support that in any possible way.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is why its best to buy directly from the seller, and not through Amazon. Amazon is trash, their delivery service snoops onto your property pretending they are doing you a favor, but when they take a photo showing proof of delivery, who knows how long those pictures are stored on Amazon's cloud. :angry:

They try to extinct the physical cash, and just want you to spend more and easy for them to watch/manage how your money flow. :confused:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope Amazon goes out of business, they are a total nuisance to human civilization

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amazon is trash, their delivery service snoops onto your property pretending they are doing you a favor, but when they take a photo showing proof of delivery, who knows how long those pictures are stored on Amazon's cloud. :angry:
And this is why we have our camera systems. To possibly show otherwise........ and for many other reasons, but I digress.