Ambarella A5s - Ambarella S2LM

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question.
At the HUISUN bullet PTZ camera 2MP 10x in which place it is positioned the Ambarella processor?
I bought the model HS-SCB405IPV10-E which is described on Aliexpress that have Ambarella A5s.
I told them that I want to buy model with Ambarella S2LM+ Sony IMX 322 but the seller told me that he garanty that the model 405IP10-V will be with this processor ( like HS-SCB415IPV10-E)
How can I be sure if that is so?
The firmware is in attachment:

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The firmware is certainly looks like for v2 camera. Does the camera have black face plate?

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the face plate is V1, outside housing is V1
My question is how can I check if inside really is Ambarella S2LM
processor not A5s
Only the seller told me that he guarantee that the model 405IP10-V will be with Ambarella S
Look below his answer

I can promise and guarantee to you about this Ambarellas S2LM+ Sony IMX 322 , no worry .
To be honest , now old and new model share the same firmware , the differnce is the outside appearance .

Last edited by a moderator:

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I saw the the pictures from your link, but I don't understand where is the Ambarella processor? Look at my pictures. I don't see where is?
An other question. On first picture it can see something like SD housing. This is really for SD card or not?
On my first camera, which is true V1 the SD housing is on the top plate like the last picture, plate that I have not on this camera (see the picture nr. 5).
PICT0012x.jpgPICT0010.JPGPICT0014.JPGPICT0016.JPGPICT0008.JPGvedere camera8x.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
see reference points in attached photos.. it looks like the connectors might have migrated to the other side but thats likely just a revision change.

it should be hidden under that metal plate on the backside.

Attachments

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
see reference points in attached photos.. it looks like the connectors might have migrated to the other side but thats likely just a revision change.

it should be hidden under that metal plate on the backside.
In conclusion, it can not see the processor.
It maybe will necessary me to dismantle this plate? Better NOT!!
:rolleyes: So I will remain with suspicion about the Ambarella model.

In connection with SD slot, the metal housing which is shown in the first picture is for SD card? because in my first camera the SD housing is on the top plate like the last picture.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah thats the SD card slot, and if you've taken it apart this far and are afraid of a few more screws mebe you shouldn't have taken it apart in the first place :p

in photo #1 its going to be under that pink square pad on the plate and under the other board.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah thats the SD card slot, and if you've taken it apart this far and are afraid of a few more screws mebe you shouldn't have taken it apart in the first place :p
in photo #1 its going to be under that pink square pad on the plate and under the other board.
To disconnect or reconnect the wires or unscrew some screws I am not afraid.
I am afraid only to do not disturb something in the optic part, like focus, zoom, etc..

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Personally, I would not worry about it. Based on the examples I've seen, the difference in image quality between the two models is pretty small.....Not enough improvement to be worth trading in an old model for the new model. As long as the image quality looks good to you and seems to match the quality that everyone else has, I would not stress over it.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Till the end the processor is Ambarella S2LM. That is Okay.
For his price I got something good.
I bought this PTZ camera direct from HUISUN from Alibaba.com, not Aliexpress.
Price was 96$ ( 2MP, 10x, POE, Ambarella S2LM+ Sony IMX 322 ) +6$ fee for card pay+ 25$ DHL =127$
for V2 model with the same processor they asked me 116$+6+25=147$
but they adviced me to buy cheaper model because only outside housing is V1 and inside is V2.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Keep in mind that firmware you will need to use is for v2 cam, otherwise you will brick it

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks,
I think in below screen print of my PTZ camera system menu appear the V2 firmware ?
Capture3.JPG