Amcrest 4108E

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the Amcrest nv4108e NVR to replace my dead Samsung sde-4001. I want to use the Samsung cams (sbe1005R) that are already mounted/run throughout the house. Will these work with this NVR? I connected them to back of my 4108E, but no joy. I believe this is because the Samsung dvr itself provided power for each camera since I had a separate power supply labeled camera power. Do I need a POE injector or POE switch. I really like this NVR, and don't want to buy more cameras.

rgarjr

n3wb
Reaction score
Are those ip cameras? I'm thinking they're not. It looks like those cameras have an rj-45 but have a proprietary pin out.

Last edited by a moderator:

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I guess not. Amcrest Forum Admin just informed me that Samsung cams aren't compatible with their NVR. Back to Amcrest the NVR goes. Now, I'll need to search all over again for another recorder that will work with the cams I have installed around the house. (even though the description/notes I read stated Samsung cams were supported.)

Any suggestions?

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
RJ45 to BNC won't do any good. Both cams & the NVR are RJ45.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those are analouge cameras and they wont work with any IP Based setup unless it was a hybrid recorder.. Network Video Recorders (NVR) are not going to work, he needs a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) that takes analouge signals.. and if its a pripotary RJ45 connection then your best bet is to get another samsung that had died.

rgarjr

n3wb
Reaction score
RJ45 to BNC won't do any good. Both cams & the NVR are RJ45.
im saying, buying a DVR with BNC connectors and then you have to get the adapters for each camera. But as nayr says.. Your best bet is to try and find another Samsung DVR.

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for reply and explanation. That info helps a lot. In search of a DVR it is.

Chris

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks rgarjr! Much appreciate the assistance and recommendations. I'll continue my quest for another Samsung DVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I guess not. Amcrest Forum Admin just informed me that Samsung cams aren't compatible with their NVR. Back to Amcrest the NVR goes. Now, I'll need to search all over again for another recorder that will work with the cams I have installed around the house. (even though the description/notes I read stated Samsung cams were supported.)

Any suggestions?
They will not work with another NVR as previously indicated they are analog cameras, and bad ones at that. I would strongly suggest upgrading the cameras to ip based models with 1080p resolution. If you use those adapters you need a DVR not NVR....but it would be silly to buy a low resolution unit at this point..at the very least look at a tribrid...http://www.nellyssecurity.com/recorders/tribrids/1080p/8-channel.html

4Chris

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I looked at the link provided. Since the link shows a DVR with BNC cons, I'll need something to provide power - IF Iuse the cams I have. Correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I looked at the link provided. Since the link shows a DVR with BNC cons, I'll need something to provide power - IF Iuse the cams I have. Correct?
yes, you will need a power adapter for the cameras...you need to lookup the specs..usually 12v 1a