Amcrest 4k POE, extra wires (audio, etc) I want to cut... how to?

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster on here!

I have Amcrest 4k POE outdoor camera (IP8M-2493EW). I bought some Dahua DH-PFB203W to make them easier to mount. The problem I have is the cameras have about 6 wires coming out of them of which I will never use (audio, alternate power, etc). I plan on powering them over Ethernet (PoE) so ALL other wires can go (mostly because jamming them into that junction box is damn near impossible!)

I seen a video or pictures somewhere on the internet (maybe this forum?) of removing these extra wires from inside these Amcrest camera's as to not have water short them out when I cut them. For the life of me I cannot find that post. Any help would be great!

Thx
Supermonkey!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster on here!

I have Amcrest 4k POE outdoor camera (IP8M-2493EW). I bought some Dahua DH-PFB203W to make them easier to mount. The problem I have is the cameras have about 6 wires coming out of them of which I will never use (audio, alternate power, etc). I plan on powering them over Ethernet (PoE) so ALL other wires can go (mostly because jamming them into that junction box is damn near impossible!)

I seen a video or pictures somewhere on the internet (maybe this forum?) of removing these extra wires from inside these Amcrest camera's as to not have water short them out when I cut them. For the life of me I cannot find that post. Any help would be great!

Thx
Supermonkey!
Welcome @supermonkey

6 wires / cables coming out of the IP8M-2493EW?

I've found that the PFB203W I have has plenty of room for the cables I had coming out of my camera.

Personally I would try not to cut the wires, as you may want to use some of the functionality they have.