Amcrest AD410 Doorbell - NOT compatible

teammcs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is more of a heads up. For whatever reason if you try and use Blueiris to stream video and audio from your AD410, you will lose your chime functionality. Amcrest wont explain why they are incompatible - it seems odd to me events would have anything to do the RTSP stream. Oddly motion events continue to work. I'm trying to get more information from Amcrest, but for now if you plan to use BlueIris (and I presume any form of RTSP stream) then it would be wise to look at a different doorbell product.

Hopefully they'll fix whatever the issue is as this seems like a fundamental flaw for a CCTV Doorbell :)

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is more of a heads up. For whatever reason if you try and use Blueiris to stream video and audio from your AD410, you will lose your chime functionality. Amcrest wont explain why they are incompatible - it seems odd to me events would have anything to do the RTSP stream. Oddly motion events continue to work. I'm trying to get more information from Amcrest, but for now if you plan to use BlueIris (and I presume any form of RTSP stream) then it would be wise to look at a different doorbell product.

Hopefully they'll fix whatever the issue is as this seems like a fundamental flaw for a CCTV Doorbell :)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope Amcrest can help you sort out the issue.

Allow me to state, for the record, I do have the AD410 working in Blue Iris (with Audio stream) and the physical chime on my doorbell also works.

If you post more about your configuration, I am happy to compare it with mine to see if differences can be identified to explain our differing results.

teammcs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope Amcrest can help you sort out the issue.

Allow me to state, for the record, I do have the AD410 working in Blue Iris (with Audio stream) and the physical chime on my doorbell also works.

If you post more about your configuration, I am happy to compare it with mine to see if differences can be identified to explain our differing results.
Oh excellent a ray of hope.

There's nothing overly exotic about my setup. Blue Iris using the generic RTSP profile at the AD410 whilst running Amcrest Cloud. I have paired the AD410 with the AD1 chime in addition.

What configuration could I share with you? No doubt others are experiencing similar problems.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh excellent a ray of hope.

There's nothing overly exotic about my setup. Blue Iris using the generic RTSP profile at the AD410 whilst running Amcrest Cloud. I have paired the AD410 with the AD1 chime in addition.

What configuration could I share with you? No doubt others are experiencing similar problems.
Let's start with the Video Configuration tab in BI. This is mine ....

AD410VidConfig.JPG

Is yours any different?

teammcs

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the latest stable version of BI .... 5.4.9.18
OK that's excellent news. Rather than waste any more of your time diagnosing this, let me go through the steps you've highlighted and I'll report back. Thanks for brining this to my attention

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if the difference between the mechanical chime and the digital chime is part of the equation? what do i know, I'm running the AD110

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if the difference between the mechanical chime and the digital chime is part of the equation? what do i know, I'm running the AD110
Are you using the digital chime with your AD110?

I was using the mechanical chime with the AD110 and made no change when installing the AD410, and it continues to work just fine.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using the digital chime with your AD110?

I was using the mechanical chime with the AD110 and made no change when installing the AD410, and it continues to work just fine.
I'm in the same boat. Had AD110 with a mechanical chime working with BI5 and the same setup works when I upgraded to the AD410.

teammcs

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick update guys, OK Amcrest have got back to me. They've said the incompatibility will have to be corrected in a future firmware update. So for the time being the AD410 isn't officially compatible with BlueIris. Like everything this post will age like milk, so once it's supported feel free to update this thread. Cheers all

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can I check to see if there's a firmware update for this doorbell?
I have been checking online and I can't find anything about updating this thing.
I also use Amcrest Surveillance Pro, but the only option I see there is to manually update, but I need to get the file, which I can't find. I also went to Amcrest and tried searching for this model and nothing comes up.

My current firmware version is

1643501278524.png

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I recall seeing the firmware update Via the App, ( Amcrest Smart Home) on the AD110 install. But i can't remember if my AD410 install requested the firmware update right after setup on the same APP.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did see an option in the app, but I thought it was just the firmware update for the app itself. Also noticed the model number that shows up on the app is different than the actual doorbell.
It comes up as Doorbell-7DD6

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh ok.. I guess they haven't had an update since the beginning of last year