Amcrest AD410 gives up ringing the chime after a year - best options?

Cooldood

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, my Amcrest AD410 was working fine for a year, 24VAC 40A supply, chime unit in electronic chime, good wifi connection.
App on phone still works and Blue Iris sees the video, but the electronic chime has stopped responding to button presses from visitors - kind of the whole point of a doorbell.
There has also been a noticeable increase in the delay for notifications to arrive, not much use on Halloween.

I did the hard reset again today, confirmed by the device, and reset everything, including telling it of the electronic chime connected. Still no chime.

I see a mention of a battery inside, covering for a power interruption when the bell is pressed, and wonder if that is the cause of the problem?
I have reached out to a couple of sites to see if the battery can be purchased.

Are there better options out there, not that I really want to buy another camera, one a year is getting quite expensive (I have had the AD110 and the Nelly's DB1 in recent years and all seem to die (or were really poor video/IR))
Something that works with BI, and the chime, maybe an app on the phone?
How about Echo show integration, or popping up on the smart tv?

What is possible these days?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not that brand, but my prior doorbell cam had a battery inside as well and the chime quit working. A $7 battery on Amazon and I figured what the heck and replaced it and it worked again.

Cooldood

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like the exact battery is unobtanium and so a close match must be find and a control board desoldered and resoldered. Knowing my luck.....

It looks like Chinese wholesale might have some, waiting on minimum order quantity, it sure is not going to be 1 :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you end up replacing it, I can highly recommend the Reolink doorbell. They have a POE version and a Wi-Fi version and it's the ONLY thing I'd recommend from Reolink. Here's how I set up both of mine with Blue Iris: