Amcrest ASH22 - Web Interface?

bluegreen

n3wb
Reaction score
I see the camera's IP address - but when I browse to it, nothing (404). Does this camera have a web interface to control the settings? Can I connect to it with BlueIris?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, go to a browser (explorer is the best to ensure all functionality) and type in the IP address of the camera to log in to the camera GUI.

You should be able to connect it to Blue Iris.

bluegreen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hm, definitly not working for me. I tried the hard reset by holding down the button too. Perhaps the camera is broken? I guess will have to return/replace ...
Thanks for the help though. Un/pw is admin/admin, correct?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
this camera looks like a imou bullet 2c.. so it does not have a web interface.

if it is new, then u need to initialise it before you can use it.

if you have a dahua nvr u can use it to initialise it. else download the dahua software dmss? to initialise it first.

u can use the amcrest app or imou app as well .. since there is no web interface.. there is no way u can configure the camera except the steps suggested.

Last edited:

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, "ASH" (Amcrest SmartHome) devices need to be initially configured with the SH app as they lack a web UI. There is also an ASH22 specific Blue Iris guide here:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, "ASH" (Amcrest SmartHome) devices need to be initially configured with the SH app as they lack a web UI. There is also an ASH22 specific Blue Iris guide here:
Well whaddayaknow, that's the same link I provided in post #5 yesterday. ;)

bluegreen

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to use the app but the app requires an internet connection when adding the camera. Outrageously insane privacy violation. Worthless camera.

Any suggestions on how to get around the requirement of using the app?
Any suggestions on good outdoor cameras that will not require an app and internet connection to configure?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it have to be wireless?
Wireless cams are not known for reliability.
Since you have to run power to it, why not consider a POE camera, either turret style (recommended) or bullet style?

bluegreen

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tony. I think it has to be wireless unfortunately.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with this camera. it does not have a webpage because it is meant to be for the consumer market hence dahua has stripped it of the webpage . amcrest got it wholesale from dahua and thus everything is carried over.

once you initialise it, everything will work as expected.

don't be lazy..

Plug in your ash22 on a benchtop with an ethernet cable on the pigtail.
it will automatically get a ip address from your router's dhcp server.

download the dahua's configtool initialise it there if you dont want to connect it to the internet to use the app.

you can set the password and ip address this way.

You will be able to use it in BI at this stage..

once you have it setup, u can use it wirelessly as you wish.

bluegreen

n3wb
Reaction score
@holiday, thank you very much - I was not aware of Dahua ConfigTool. I downloaded that and am able to initialize the camera and set a static IP with it (when connected to ethernet cable).

I cannot, however, set the wifi settings on the camera. The web interface is not available even when I initialize through Dahua ConfigTool. Any advice on how to do that?

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The web UI in a SmartHome device is intentionally removed/disabled. However, there is a web server in the device that responds to the Amcrest/Dahua http CGI API for the most part. I don't think you can configure WiFi settings via this API, but I haven't attempted it. The only documented means of setting up the WiFi is via the SmartHome app.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have to use wifi between ASH22 and network router, and don't want to use the app, then you could try using ASH22 ethernet attached to a wifi bridge connected via wifi to your wifi router.

techiegirl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same camera and you cannot log on web interface you need their amcrest surviellnce pro and IP config... Mycamera stays on for 5-10 minutes and disconnects, not found. It works on the IPAD but I don't want to use it on Ipad and I don't use apps on a cell phone.. Tech support is worthless and upper tech is just as bad. Stuck with this thing.

Last edited:

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

ASH 22 will not have a web UI as mentioned by others here. Thank you.

All ASH products must go through their initial setup through the ASH app. Any setting modification must also be done through the ASH app as well. Making any modifications away from the ASH app may damage the camera and essentially at the owner risk if they choose to and NOT recommended by Amcrest in any way.

Once the camera is initially set up as mentioned above other options do open up for Live view purposes only.

Below I will provide several articles on the options that do open up after the initial setup is completed along with a link to articles specifically for the ASH 22

ASH22:

Blue Iris:

RTSP on VLC:

ASP ( Amcrest Surveillance Pro):

AVP (Amcrest View Pro):