Amcrest ASH43 - unable to login BI5

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys... I bought a new Amcrest ASH43 camera and I have been trying to set it up with the instructions on this page How To Setup an Amcrest Smart Home Bullet Camera In Blue Iris (ASH43) – Amcrest following every step... I have other Amcrest cameras in my setup (different models though) but I keep getting a NO SIGNAL and "Amcrest unable to login: 107" error. If I check the "Skip initial HTTP and DNS reachability tests" in the settings I keep getting a NO SIGNAL message with a "Error: 80000274c (Failed to connect) 0" message on the bottom right.

This Amcrest camera is up and running great in the Amcrest APP, along with the other Amcrest cameras... I have no idea what else to do and I bought 4 of this model...

Can you guys please gimme a hand on this.. Thanks!

Carlos De Sedas

Blue Iris 5 Release 5.5.2.4 x64 (11/9/2021)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  1. Do you know what the username and password of the cam is that you likely created when you first set up the cam with the app?
  2. Do you know what the IP address of the cam is or how to find out what it is?
The answers to the above should provide enough info for Blue Iris ("BI") to perform a "Find/Inspect" to get the right URL and path to pull the video stream.

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to update my current situation... I was able to login to the camera after changing my BI5 server network from my home network to the iOT (Internet of Things) network... but if I switch back to my regular network, I can't login the ASH43 camera again.

Funny thing is that I have several other Amcrest cameras that I CAN login to while being on my home network, so I presume my firewall settings are correct, having permissions that specifically ALLOW the BI5 server to talk to anyone on the iOT network and viceversa, hence I CAN see the rest of my Amcrest cameras (IP4M-1041B and ADC2W), but NOT my ASH43, making the situation a little strange...

Any ideas? Thanks!

Carlos

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just to update my current situation... I was able to login to the camera after changing my BI5 server network from my home network to the iOT (Internet of Things) network... but if I switch back to my regular network, I can't login the ASH43 camera again.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Please see my post #2 above.

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks...

1- yes, I have my camera set up in the app and as discussed in post #3, I can access it now if I'm on the same network... the thing is the server is on my home network, but I have rules in place that allow it to talk to the cameras on the iOT network, thus every other Amcrest camera model I can see no problem while on the server while it's on my home network and the cameras on the iOT network.

2- yes.. as described above, the strange part is that I can login and see every other camera model while on different networks but the ASH43. If I move my server to the same iOT network then I can see the ASH43 camera as well. this is the strange part... how come all other cameras can talk cross network and this model can't.

Carlos

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm not sure about the reasoning behind being on "the iOT network". :idk:
well, everything that is not a PC or tablet on my home I have it on a separate iOT network.. light switches, alexa, sensors and cameras....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are less problematic ways to isolate cams from the Internet such as a VLAN.
The cam with an issue is likely still on P2P (Amcrest Cloud) if you scanned a QR code or input an UID number into the Amcrest app.

I'd put ALL cams on a VLAN with the BI server and nothing else and reserve your "iOT network" for .. "light switches, alexa, sensors."

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or Dual NIC the BI computer and put all the cams on the NIC without internet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Of course, that would be a lot simpler (IMO) for someone to set up than a VLAN and requires only a second NIC.....I should have thought of that instead.

Below is a drawing courtesy of @samplenhold here and below:

Network Topology 0B.JPG

EDIT: added drawing credit above to @samplenhold

Last edited:

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot set a VLAN as not all of my switches are managed... Checkout this image below of IP Config tool from Amcrest. The first camera I cannot logon to, the other two, no problem... They have exactly the same settings other that the main ip.. Subnet, gateways are the same... this is what has me wondering... The Blue Iris Server is on the 192.168.1.x network, but I have setup for it to talk to the 192.168.2.x network. It talks to ALL the cameras (and devices) but this one model from Amcrest....

Carlosamcrest.jpg

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The ASH43 and AD2C are Amcrest Smart Home cameras. ASH43 doesn't work and AD2C does work for you.
Try setting up ASH43 in BI exactly the same way as AD2C, and see if it works.
The BI setup instructions in the AD2C user manual are different than the instructions in your post #1.

Also, both sets of BI instructions do say "The camera and the computer you are using must be on the same network during setup." So you may need to have BI PC and ASH43 on IOT network during BI setup.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Were you able to get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.
I started having the same issue on an Amcrest doorbell camera. I have an ASUS network with AIMESH nodes - rebooting the mesh node that the doorbell camera was connected to straightened the problem out; I have no idea why.