Amcrest Doorbell - Compatible UK Chimes

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive bought the Amcrest 1080p doorbell and im looking for a cheap chime. I noticed the ones listed on the site are US based, the one I fanices was Byron 776 as it has a built in transformer but on the site it says its not compatible. Anyone in the UK got the same door bell with any suggestion? I would prefer a build in transformer but if not I can buy one.

John

paul5489

n3wb
Reaction score
I would love to know this answer as well. My plan of using this door bell with my current chime have not worked. Can only find a plug in transformer that may work. Very disappointed in how in compatible this product is in the uk

Reaction score
Hi Paul - I’m using a Honeywell d142 and it works, although not the loudest chime. I am using a plug in transformer but it should work with a traditional transformer at the consumer unit? My power is 18V 27vac.

Reaction score
By the way, the ability to integrate into my home automation was critical for me and this works great, all the TVs In the house change to the doorbell camera (via NVR) upon press and my home automation tablets also show the image... can’t do that with ring :)

paul5489

n3wb
Reaction score
I have sorted my power solution. I have got the transformer I bought that fits on a din rail and putting cables on the 8v and 24v contacts gives 16v. This way the transformers supplies the correct voltage and it is not over loading the transformer amp wise. I have then used the honey well d117 mechanical door bell that also works on 16v.

My only issue is now is how have you integrated into home assistant. I dont believe you can get an action from the door bell when the button is pressed

Reaction score