Amcrest ip2m-841 2-way audio

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - I saw some old threads on this but they had no conclusion. Has anybody gotten 2-way audio to work through the blue iris mobile app?

Thx

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine works. You clicked the speaker icon on the app and mic and it turns green? Are both not working, or just one of them? You have audio enabled in BI as well, correct?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can certainly hear live audio from the camera and the green speak icon stays on my mobile app. I just can't talk. When I click on the mic button, the button turns green and stays green but nobody can hear me at the camera end

1602075959053.png

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What did you register the camera as in the video settings dropdown menu? I had to change mine to some Dahua model to get the audio and ptz working properly.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also, I think there is a main setting in the BI settings to enable microphone input. Not 100 percent sure on that, but check the main blue iris settings, not just the settings for each individual camera.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes that's configured correct too. Even using the mic button on the blue iris console doesn't work. I am beginning to think something needs to be checked at the amcrest camera end in settings. Does anybody know if any setting needs to be enabled for mic to work?

1602077584273.png

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
yes that's configured correct too. Even using the mic button on the blue iris console doesn't work. I am beginning to think something needs to be checked at the amcrest camera end in settings. Does anybody know if any setting needs to be enabled for mic to work?

View attachment 72132
Yes. Go into the cameras gui and make sure mic is enabled also

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am beginning to think something needs to be checked at the amcrest camera end in settings. Does anybody know if any setting needs to be enabled for mic to work?
All I see is 'Speaker Volume" in the cam under "Camera" ==>> "Audio"; the rest appears to be associated with the mic in the cam.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it's working now but the sound is very garbled. Any way to change that?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not much of a difference. What are you guys using - are you disabling filter and what are you setting speaker volume at?
Also i'm guessing mic volume refers to what I hear back on the blue iris side correct?