Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3 going offline every 2 minutes on the dot.

Reaction score
I have two of these cameras and both of them have developed the same issue. Hard reset, firmware updates, etc don't change it. The issue is I have blips in Blue Iris, and looking at the logs, I see that every 2 minutes (or 3 minutes sometimes) it has an offline event for eth2 (wireless)

Time:2022-08-05 20:35:36
User Name:System
Type:Event Begin
Content:
Ethernet Card: eth2
Event Type: Off-line Event

Then 3 seconds later, it comes back on

Time:2022-08-05 20:35:39
User Name:System
Type:Event End
Content:
Ethernet Card: eth2
Event Type: Off-line Event

I opened a ticket with Amcrest support, and they just suggested a hard reset. Cameras were bought about a year apart from each other, from Amazon.

Any ideas? I ended up replacing one of them as we were using it as a nursery cam and it was too unreliable to keep an eye on our kids. But now i've moved it to the basement and it's still doing it. I'm about to lose my mind.

Reaction score
So i'm not sure if it does it while wired. I need to pull it down and check. The only other thing I can think is I block all my cameras on my camera network from the internet. It's a WAN OUT rule on my firewall. I did have a crazy thought about since these are "cloud" cameras, maybe it was doing some sort of phone home or check in every 2 minutes and when it couldn't reach out maybe it crashed? I guess I can temporarily restrict that firewall rule and try it out.

Reaction score
Ok I disabled the rule and it still did it. Also verified that wireless was chosen as the default card and not wired. I'll try wired tomorrow but it seems my theory is bunk.