Amcrest IP5M-T1179E not using day / night settings.

Ktek77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have replaced 5 of my cameras with Amcrest IP5M-T1179E on a BlueIris 5 system. On two of the cameras I am making adjustments to the night settings, specifically, gamma and ir power. It seems hit or miss whether the cam will actually use the settings. As I'm making adjustments, I switch to BlueIris to make sure everything looks good and as soon as I close the web browser the BlueIris video seems to revert to the old settings. If I go back to the cams settings page, the settings are still correct. I finally thought I had it working and the next day, the video is totally washed out like it's using the night settings even though it's obviously switched to day. At one point, the cams just quit automatically switching to night or day mode and I had to reset settings and start over. It almost seems that the cam sticks at whatever menu I was on when I close the window. I'm rather lost on it. I checked the Amcrest website for firmware upgrades with no luck.

Anything I'm missing?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have replaced 5 of my cameras with Amcrest IP5M-T1179E on a BlueIris 5 system. On two of the cameras I am making adjustments to the night settings, specifically, gamma and ir power. It seems hit or miss whether the cam will actually use the settings. As I'm making adjustments, I switch to BlueIris to make sure everything looks good and as soon as I close the web browser the BlueIris video seems to revert to the old settings. If I go back to the cams settings page, the settings are still correct. I finally thought I had it working and the next day, the video is totally washed out like it's using the night settings even though it's obviously switched to day. At one point, the cams just quit automatically switching to night or day mode and I had to reset settings and start over. It almost seems that the cam sticks at whatever menu I was on when I close the window. I'm rather lost on it. I checked the Amcrest website for firmware upgrades with no luck.

Anything I'm missing?
Hi Ktek77

Check the firmware versions on each camera, see if they are the same

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just to make sure, go to "Introduction" ==>> "PTZ Controls" in BI's built-in 'Help" and read the about the function of the Light Bulb icon that looks like this below, as it can override camera settings with regard to AUTO/Day/Night IR:

BI-IR_control.jpg

Ktek77

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to make sure, go to "Introduction" ==>> "PTZ Controls" in BI's built-in 'Help" and read the about the function of the Light Bulb icon that looks like this below, as it can override camera settings with regard to AUTO/Day/Night IR:

View attachment 71940
I noticed that one of them had the light bulb on yellow. I held down and thought I turned it off. I don't remember what happened, but it wasn't fixed.

Reaction score
Make sure you are using IE as the browser when setting.
Until I saw this post, I was thinking well toward Amcrest cameras. Not any more! Anything tied to Microsoft or Apple is out for me. No one gives me money, so I don't use non-free OS's and software.

PaJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I have about 5 of these cameras and thought the latest Amcrest firmware worked with Firefox/Ubuntu. However I could be wrong because I switched to Dahua firmware shortly after purchasing , using the Dahua firmware links on another thread. The Dahua firmware works with Firefox,Chrome and Opera linux, only problem was using curl & wget as they could not handle the digest mode authentication. Likewise, I do not have any problems with scheduling night and day settings that seem to be working. The only camera I have that requires IE is a Dahu IPC - HFW4433M-12

Last edited:

Ktek77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have about 5 of these cameras and thought the latest Amcrest firmware worked with Firefox/Ubuntu. However I could be wrong because I switched to Dahua firmware shortly after purchasing , using the Dahua firmware links on another thread. The Dahua firmware works with Firefox,Chrome and Opera linux, only problem was using curl & wget as they could not handle the digest mode authentication. Likewise, I do not have any problems with scheduling night and day settings that seem to be working. The only camera I have that requires IE is a Dahu IPC - HFW4433M-12
I saw a thread on flashing them with Dahua firmware but didn't see what I'd gain or lose by it. Definitely don't want to brick them. I've tried chrome on mac and windows, most settings stick, there's just something funky about the night settings.

PaJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not use Blue Iris, perhaps you could monitor your video real time using VLC as you make changes and select "Refresh" to see what settings change before logging off the camera.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the Amcrest/Dahua camera's webUI, goto Setting -> conditions -> profile management.

Are you on the Day/Night or Schedule setting?

Ktek77

n3wb
Reaction score
In the Amcrest/Dahua camera's webUI, goto Setting -> conditions -> profile management.

Are you on the Day/Night or Schedule setting?
I couldn't make sense of the scheduling. Day and night settings are set to auto. It tends to work until I mess with settings. Then it's hit or miss.