Amcrest IP8M-2496EB - No Signal in BI

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What would the troubleshooting steps be before a hard reset?

I have the camera in the title in my garage linked via a 35 foot ethernet 6 cable to a patch panel, then to a ubiquiti 16 port POE switch and from there to my a dedicated windows desktop running BI (hooked via cat 6 to my udm-pro). I only have 5 cameras hooked up right now. This has worked for a couple of years fine. I flashed the Amcrest firmware to dahua firmware using the steps found on a post on this forum. It's been working fine for a couple of years. I switched routers and AP's, but nothing has really changed. The camera shows the following error below in BI. I have no luck pinging the IP address of the camera. Restarted many times. Dahua config tool doesn't show the camera. IP address is static in the reserved range and I don't see any conflicts. I've tried different POE ports on the switch and a different cable.

What are the next steps? Hard reset or is there something else to try first.

1656280203371.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you type in the IP address and user and password in BI and hit find/inspect, what does it show - post the screenshot of that box.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks like it isn't seeing it at all.

When you power it up do you hear the IR filter click?

If it still powers up, itt looks like it may have somehow factory reset or lost the IP address

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the temp in your Texas garage up at the ceiling where that cam is mounted since it's between 4:00 and 5:00 PM when you posted?
If it's over 95° F it could be that it has a thermal problem.

Last edited:

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't hear the IR filter. Temp is 94 degrees; I've got it inside the house now for an hour during testing.

I have tried several different cables and ports and I did a hard reset on the camera (it was just in garage so easy to take down). My router has assigned it an IP address but nothing pulls up when I open browser at either 192.168.1.108 or at 192.168.1.251 (what is shows in the router).

I did the find/inspect in BI at .251 w/ admin/admin as UN/PW and also at .251 with old UN/PW. Results are the same as posted above.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are not hearing the IR filter, that is a strong indicator that it could be dead.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are not hearing the IR filter, that is a strong indicator that it could be dead.
Does it matter that a green LED light comes on at intervals inside the camera (i.e. - "I'm not quite dead yet")? Unplugged the camera from POE, plugged back in...definitely no sounds.

Not a candidate for unbricking procedures?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Maybe IR filter is stuck.

At this point you have nothing to lose trying more extreme measures!

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Maybe IR filter is stuck.

At this point you have nothing to lose trying more extreme measures!
AFter reading the unbrick section, I'm just going to load up an extra camera. Appreciate the help in testing here.