Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI Not recording to SD card.

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Issue: I have five of these running off the same POE switch. All are using a local SD card.
SW version V2.800.00AC001.O.R
All are configured the same.
I just noticed today that this camera has not been recording to the SSD card. No files for the last month. Connecting via web and live work fine. A few weeks ago there was a bobcat in the yard. When I checked the camera it was not there. No files as of this afternoon but did record a couple after I connected. Then I went directly in front of it and it did not record. Intermittent record to SD. No logs. Any ideas?

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yesterday after connecting to it a few times it started recording events to the SD card. I seemed to be working ok but stopped again at 9:00PM. It is just intermittent.
Amcrest support said to set up a specific schedule but the other four cameras work fine without a specific schedule.

Attachments

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I ran into the problem, I mostly found a very simple cause: camera date wrong.
(Cam records, but you don't see it "today".

In your case, try to record permanent and see if that works flawlessly. If it does, look for the trigger settings.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are many areas for configuration that can differ between 2 cams and cause one to not record to SD card as wanted.
Consider exporting a properly recording cam's configuration and then importing that file to the non-recording cam.

NOTE: this will change ALL cam settings on the cam that you import the file to, including video settings.