Amcrest logo can no longer be removed?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Wireless camera (Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL) and I just updated the firmware to the latest (V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-07-29). Part of the upgrade was you had to reset your camera to factory settings. Before this fw version, you could remove the Amcrest logo on the capture screen via simple instructions (like thisRemove Amcrest watermark - Amcrest Forum). It doesn't seem to work anymore as you no longer have the option to remove it like you once did.

If amcrest is going to force putting their brand on every capture, I'm getting rid of my amcrest cameras.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Wireless camera (Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL) and I just updated the firmware to the latest (V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-07-29). Part of the upgrade was you had to reset your camera to factory settings. Before this fw version, you could remove the Amcrest logo on the capture screen via simple instructions (like thisRemove Amcrest watermark - Amcrest Forum). It doesn't seem to work anymore as you no longer have the option to remove it like you once did.

If amcrest is going to force putting their brand on every capture, I'm getting rid of my amcrest cameras.

Update - just spoke w/ Amcrest tech support and they're working on another update that will allow this to be removed again. I told them I was afraid that they were going to do this to all cameras and they assured me that they were not and this happening was by accident.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update - just spoke w/ Amcrest tech support and they're working on another update that will allow this to be removed again. I told them I was afraid that they were going to do this to all cameras and they assured me that they were not and this happening was by accident.
Thanks @area651

Remember to pop back and let us know when this gets fixed.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed the same firmware is available with a new build date of 2019-08-03. The change log is old, so I don't know what's new. Perhaps they fixed the issue described here.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just noticed the same firmware is available with a new build date of 2019-08-03. The change log is old, so I don't know what's new. Perhaps they fixed the issue described here.
I just got notice about the new FW yesterday. I'll update soon and let you know if it at least handles the logo. (just got to find the time from normal work)

DroMike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha - I'm proud of my stable of 6-7 Amcrest cameras, but admittedly, have always removed their logo. Not only does it proportionately take up too much real estate but if I ever had to submit footage to any outside agency, I'd be less than enamored with providing Amcrest the free advertising, which is the real reason it even exists on the overlay.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha - I'm proud of my stable of 6-7 Amcrest cameras, but admittedly, have always removed their logo. Not only does it proportionately take up too much real estate but if I ever had to submit footage to any outside agency, I'd be less than enamored with providing Amcrest the free advertising, which is the real reason it even exists on the overlay.
You think like I do.
Whenever I have bought a new car, I remove anything relating to the dealer - usually a license plate holder or tag on the back. Had a guy approach me at a gas station once while traveling and it was uncomfortable that he knew right where I was from.
I also don't wear any T-shirts with brand names on them. If it's not free then you can pay me to advertise for you. :cool: