Amcrest NV4432-HS-32 chanell NVR

thestapler

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing this NVR:
Amcrest NV4432-HS 32 Chanel Network Video Recorder - Supports 5-Megapixels @ 30fps Realtime, ONVIF Compliance, USB Backup, Supports up to 24TB HDD (Not Included) and More

I have asked their tech support what RS485 joysticks would work, and their answer was "use the app". I am looking to create a "surveillance desk" where someone can use the PTZ features of cameras from sitting at the desk, without the use of a keyboard mouse.

Has anyone every used this NVR, or have any information on an inexpensive RS485 controller that would work for this NVR?

Thanks in advance.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the Amcrest DVR's are OEM'd from Dahua? (or at least used to be - they may be using some other OEM these days).
In any case, Amcrest is just reselling and locking you into their (crappy) ecosystem. You already got a taste of their support...

Do yourself a favor and buy a Hikvision or Dahua NVR with the specs you need from a reputable source.
OR better yet, install Blue Iris on a suitable Windows PC...

thestapler

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that is what I've typically done (I run BI at home, at work, and for a couple other people), but for this setup, he wants 30 4(or 8)mp cameras, at 20-30 fps, and 4 4(or 8)mp PTZ cameras. Recording full time, with as much history as possible. I've used the Amcrest cameras for a long time, and I love them. Thought I would try their NVR to keep the install simple for this guy, because from what I've seen, I would need to run an i9-9700k (or 2) to get this kind of recording quality... thought I would be able to run 2 of these 32ch NVR's instead... looks like I might be wrong though.

So, looks like I should go back to the drawing board, and spec out 2 BI servers.

But, this is my first time using PTZ, is there a PTZ Joystick that works well with BI?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"he wants 30 4(or 8)mp cameras, at 20-30 fps,"

wants vs needs, i think. most surveillance applications don't NEED more than 10-15fps...