Amcrest SmartHome Android app MISSING from Google Play Store!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@CarlosBarletta - Please provide an explanation why this app was removed from Google Play Store and ETA for restoration. Of course, anyone purchasing a SmartHome device (ASH camera or AD doorbell) must have this app for setup and is dead in the water without it.

Apparently a user on the Amcrest forum indicated Amcrest Support "wasn't able to offer anything" which is unfathomable, which is why I am asking you directly for answers.

In the interim, is Amcrest offering the apk for sideloading?

Thanks for your help.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@CarlosBarletta - were you not able to find out anything yet about why the app was removed? I did see that you logged into the forum yesterday. BTW - I also submitted a support ticket early yesterday but haven't heard back from them either.

Needless to say, this is a very serious issue - not just from someone not able to set up a new SmartHome device, but for all the thousands of existing SmartHome Android users who are unaware of the issue with the app that caused it be removed from the store. I am sure hoping it's not some kind of malware or private data extraction.

From the Amcrest support forum...
Very frustrating. I came here looking for a resolution on the same issue for the AD410 doorbell camera.
Probably just going to return it and stop buying any Amcrest products in the future.
UPDATE: Just got a reply from Amcrest Support with the explanation "Google wanted to change some verbiage to make certain permissions more clear to the user before approving". The reply went on to say that the issue will be resolved shortly and provided a link to install the current SmartHome app apk.

That is a relief it wasn't a serious app issue.

Last edited: