Amcrest T2599ew Lagging really bad

OgRoar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had Blueiris setup for 2 years with 1080p wifi cameras. I finally am switching over to PoE.

My first cam is the Amcrest T2599ew. I updated the firmware. Set it to 8k in the settings, set it to 15fps for fps and frames.

Looks awesome in the Amcrest webui, very responsive to motion.

I set it up and BI and I'm getting 5-30 seconds of lag from when I move my hand across and when BI shows my hand moving on the camera. Not sure what's happening.

Direct to drive, Intel VPP decode. Cisco 3560X PoE switch, Core i5-6600, 16GB ram. Never gets above 34%. Antivirus set to ignore storage folders and exe.

Below are screenshots.
Notice no bitrate showing, the fps/key all wrong:
1654235992554.png
1654236038302.png
Internal camera settings:
1654236107184.png

OgRoar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I think I just fixed it after 3 hours of messing with it. I set it to just Intel for hardware decoding and not VPP

OgRoar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope.. Spoke too soon. It's still showing very low FPS/Key but it at least shows a bitrate now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears you do not have the substream enabled in BI for your cameras. Use the substream.

Do not use hardware acceleration - the CPU% to offload the video to the GPU is more than the savings obtained by using the GPU.

Are the cameras going thru the router or are they on their own VLAN or dual NIC? Going thru the router will introduce a larger lag.

Follow every optimization in the wiki:

OgRoar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I appreciate the help!

I enabled the substream, turned off hardware encode, upped the buffer to 20MB and all is good now!

I am running a router in the mix but when I move everything into my server cabinet in the garage, I'll put it all on 1 of the switches together and put the cameras on a VLAN through the Cisco switch.

Again, thank you very much!