Amcrest WiFi cameras crashing WiFi in house

Bigbenji

n3wb
Reaction score
About a year ago I purchased an Amcrest 720 pan tilt wireless ip camera and it caused my WiFi network to crash approximately every other day. I Contacted Customer Service and they changed my router settings with remote access the camera still caused my Wi-Fi network to crash . About a week ago I purchased a fixed wireless IP camera this also causes my network to crash. I have ultra high-speed Internet through spectrum I use a Netgear router. If there is a type of router that will not crash with the camera attached I would be willing to buy it so could you please tell me what type of router I should buy thank you

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wires >> wireless
cat-6 cable and PoE cameras will solve your problem.

Reaction score
About a year ago I purchased an Amcrest 720 pan tilt wireless ip camera and it caused my WiFi network to crash approximately every other day. I Contacted Customer Service and they changed my router settings with remote access the camera still caused my Wi-Fi network to crash . About a week ago I purchased a fixed wireless IP camera this also causes my network to crash. I have ultra high-speed Internet through spectrum I use a Netgear router. If there is a type of router that will not crash with the camera attached I would be willing to buy it so could you please tell me what type of router I should buy thank you
Try an inexpensive Asus RT-AC68u. About $50 to $70 at the most, and rock-solid reliable.
Your choice of DD-WRT, AsusMerlin, or a few other firmware distributions.
asus rt-ac68u | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

john94si

n3wb
Reaction score
I used a cisco AP to run its own wireless with own wireless so now only my amcrest IPcams use that and it works great. Now I have google mesh for home devices and the cisco AP network and no more crashes like you describe.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Running 2 wireless Amcrest cams (IPM-721S indoors and IP2M-842w outdoors ) and 6 wired (8 total cams), they are linked to Ubiquiti UniFi LR in Access Point mode, never an issue going on 3 years now.

Best scenario however is to go 'wired' as @tangent suggested.