Amcrest WiFi Outdoor PTZ

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First, with amcrest the W just stands for the color of the mechanism, so yours is White like all of the rest of the 853's
Next, the E is their code for a POE capable device. If you have a POE switch you can use that and not the power cord.

Finally, I am having a very odd issue with mine that started immediately after upgrading the firmware to build 200316.bin and in Blue Iris I have no PTZ control at all.
small thread = Lost PTZ controls with Firmware upgrade
If you and @jd415 are running BI-5 and upgraded the firmware I would love to discuss your config settings and your PTZ control settings in BI
Possibly it was a coincidence and I have a totally different problem, so this would be a great help.
Thanks
ya no problem. is there a specific way you would like me to share my settings? i could take a picture or send you my exported settings or whatever. my ptz is working fine. I even set 4 presets and every two minutes it automatically changes ptz position. been doing that for about 24 hrs with no problems.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ya no problem. is there a specific way you would like me to share my settings? i could take a picture or send you my exported settings or whatever. my ptz is working fine. I even set 4 presets and every two minutes it automatically changes ptz position. been doing that for about 24 hrs with no problems.
thanks, I'll shoot you a PM here
I was questioning the cam and even my POE switch, but since everything works perfectly on the webUI and the Amcrest Surveillance software - I am pretty sure this is something in Blue Iris now.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yep, I watched his video before too - LOL
I've rolled back BI to where I know it was working with this cam too. No help.
I uninstalled BI cleaned the registry also, reinstalled it - but oddly it still knew some of my settings - so it was not totally wiped.
Deleted and reinstalled the cam about 7 times already.
Since the cam works perfectly in the webUI and A.S.P. - I am getting a feeling that a file in BI is corrupted and I am near to just wiping the entire Win10 machine and starting over (I clone the drive nightly just in case).

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yep, I watched his video before too - LOL
I've rolled back BI to where I know it was working with this cam too. No help.
I uninstalled BI cleaned the registry also, reinstalled it - but oddly it still knew some of my settings - so it was not totally wiped.
Deleted and reinstalled the cam about 7 times already.
Since the cam works perfectly in the webUI and A.S.P. - I am getting a feeling that a file in BI is corrupted and I am near to just wiping the entire Win10 machine and starting over (I clone the drive nightly just in case).
To be honest any farther into this and i am going to be worthless... Yesterday i tried punching in my web address into my brothers samsung browser on his phone and i could here it signing in on my computer but it read that my server was not sending information. I tried it on my phone immediately and it worked fine. I spent an hour feeling like my heart was going to pound out of my chest... in the end...i went in to the samsung browser and attempted to edit the bookmark and discovered that i had not typed htm at the end of ui3. I couldnt believe it. i just couldnt believe that i had wasted an hour of my life. I tell you i have had easier times dealing with Drill Instructors at Parris Island.

my brother refuses to get a better phone among other things. He is about hard headed as it gets on just about every subject. He is simple to the most sincerest degree. a week ago i txt him the address link and said his username/password was mark/mark. he later called me and i asked if he signed in and he said he had problems signing in. So over the phone we walked thru it. no matter what i said he would type in "mark/mark" on both the username and password. I tried to explain it is username: mark and password: mark. on and on it went. So i just wanted to prove to him that its all cool. no worries. eyes open. no fear. but low and behold i forgot to type in htm.

My brother refuses any kind of easy route thru life while claiming he is fine and ok with whatever and this following video is exactly what its like...

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am probably going to far on this but .... i was thinking of coon and or squirrel on grapevines or mawberry trees. The biggest problem i am seeing so far in my adventures is the wind blowing the foliage causing motion detection to go hog wild. I noticed that other software code that can distinguish color/make/model/license plate number of a vehicle....you would think the same could be done for creatures.
I got tired of wildlife false detections. So I use a Camect with IP2M-858 and others. I get no false detection events. It only detects events for the objects I choose. It's also recording 24/7. Everything I do can be done locally. Here's the current object list in Camect.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update:
Got the issue resolved and it had nothing to do with the update. On Page 1 post #18, I pointed to a thread about this and I updated that with the solution but . . .
basically, it needed to use the Find/Inspect button to fill in the camera type instead of my inputting the values - and I found that using "Axis" as the cam did the trick.
Appreciate the efforts guys. Now to try to get it to auto track like that vid @Cameraguy posted earlier :cool: