Android app crashing

Gswanson74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have attempted, on 12 android devices, to keep it running all night on my nightstand. I also have tablets mounted at each door entry for monitoring. In every case i have enabled dev options to keep from sleeping while charging. About 98% of the time, the app crashed to the desktop by morning. I typically have thrm cycle through cameras of 1 of 2 groups... continuous motion monitoring or alarm cams. Anyone else have issues running the app for extended periods? any potential fix? Thanks in advance.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have attempted, on 12 android devices, to keep it running all night on my nightstand. I also have tablets mounted at each door entry for monitoring. In every case i have enabled dev options to keep from sleeping while charging. About 98% of the time, the app crashed to the desktop by morning. I typically have thrm cycle through cameras of 1 of 2 groups... continuous motion monitoring or alarm cams. Anyone else have issues running the app for extended periods? any potential fix? Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem. Given up on the Android app and using IPCam viewer for the nightstand tablet. Only using the app to view clips and current view on my phone.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem. We use a Samsung Galaxy tablet and it crashes frequently with "Unfortunately, Blue Iris has stopped" message. Some times it will run for several hours without crashing while other times it won't run for more than a few minutes. I've tried reinstalling the app, testing on other devices and still get the same result. I'll open a ticket with BI dev to see if they can fix this for us.

Gswanson74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is very sporadic. I have some devices that crash immediately upon opening, repeat 4 times and it fires up....