Android app - Need to force close it from recents to load cameras / alerts.

ahendowski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone else with Blue Iris had an issue with the android app where once you open it and leave it in recent apps, when you load back into it, it will either be stuck at 'Connecting' or it'll show the camera / alert list, but not show any cameras.

I can sit there for 20 minutes and it'll not connect, until I force close the app and open it and it loads instantly.

It becomes frustrating when I get an alert, click the alert, and it doesn't show anything and I have to force close it.

It only happens when I've opened Blue Iris and then left the app without force closing it.

Thanks,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone else with Blue Iris had an issue with the android app where once you open it and leave it in recent apps, when you load back into it, it will either be stuck at 'Connecting' or it'll show the camera / alert list, but not show any cameras.

I can sit there for 20 minutes and it'll not connect, until I force close the app and open it and it loads instantly.

It becomes frustrating when I get an alert, click the alert, and it doesn't show anything and I have to force close it.

It only happens when I've opened Blue Iris and then left the app without force closing it.

Thanks,
Not here, empty the cache, if that doesn't fix it, uninstall and re-install.

ahendowski

n3wb
Reaction score
Not here, empty the cache, if that doesn't fix it, uninstall and re-install.
I've attempted that and it's happening on more than one device. My girlfriend has a Pixel 3, and I have the Pixel XL. I've factory reset too enough times to know it still happens.

It has to be something in my home network or server settings, but I can't even begin to think what it would be, because it really works fine when I load the app

What mobile device do you use? I'm wondering if it's Android vs iOS

no3grover

n3wb
Reaction score
I've noticed this behavior for a few years, I believed it was happening mostly when I switch between WiFi and Cell networks. When I had it open when connected to one or the other, then leave the house and go onto Cell Network, it would hang as you describe. Requires that I close the app and relaunch it to work properly. Unfortunately, I've just learned to live with it and its changed my behavior of how I use the app.