Android app update

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
And, I'm on 5.4.4.0. Had a few tense moments when it seemed to forget my users but re-entering the license / support keys and re-importing the automatically saved reg file cleared it up.

@Pentagano I find the Android app to be worth whatever I paid for it, and then some, and then some more. It's a bargain.

The interface changed a couple revs ago (on the Android app) and I preferred the original interface frankly, but the app works fine.

Note that I usually connect in to my server via and OpenVPN connection when I'm out and about; this works better than some of the other arrangements I've used. I don't recommend using port forwarding but I have found back in the beforetimes when I did that, performance loading cameras was sluggish. This forum convinced me how bad an idea that was and I switched over to VPN-based access. I recommend that approach.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And, I'm on 5.4.4.0. Had a few tense moments when it seemed to forget my users but re-entering the license / support keys and re-importing the automatically saved reg file cleared it up.

@Pentagano I find the Android app to be worth whatever I paid for it, and then some, and then some more. It's a bargain.

The interface changed a couple revs ago (on the Android app) and I preferred the original interface frankly, but the app works fine.

Note that I usually connect in to my server via and OpenVPN connection when I'm out and about; this works better than some of the other arrangements I've used. I don't recommend using port forwarding but I have found back in the beforetimes when I did that, performance loading cameras was sluggish. This forum convinced me how bad an idea that was and I switched over to VPN-based access. I recommend that approach.

Thanks
I sometimes use my open VPN also.
My duckdns goes through my proxy manager with let's encrypt so I'm happy with the level of security there. Obviously the direct port is not open.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine that... bought a v5 key and now it works. Go figure $$$.
Look at that...there is a fix coming. All you needed to do was email support. Instead you choose to post false info and conspiracy theories. Im glad you paid for the update though. :)