Android P audio not working

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, It appears that the audio (listening) is not working in Android P. There is no sound and it crashes the app. Tested on a Pixel 2 XL. Anyone else with this issue should email support.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine said it was made for an older version of Android and prompted for an update, which it did. It seemed to be OK (played alerts, watched live, enabled listening), then it crashed after a couple of minutes. I'm on a Pixel 2 XL also.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes mine is crashing on original pixel

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Well darn! My phone auto updated to the new version 9 hrs ago. Then again, I haven't been able to get it to connect for the last week or so, anyhow. I was going to try to get it to work, but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe there's no need to bother now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well darn! My phone auto updated to the new version 9 hrs ago. Then again, I haven't been able to get it to connect for the last week or so, anyhow. I was going to try to get it to work, but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe there's no need to bother now.
Yeah don't bother...it will likely never get fixed..

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, smartasses! ;)

I dorked with the settings and now the app connects.

But it does crash when I switch between cameras while viewing just one at a time.

Oreo on Samsung Note 8 here, for whatever that's worth.

Edit: No audio here, either, and pretty "crashy" doing pretty much anything, actually. I sent a crash report with log files once.

Last edited:

Neil_IPCam

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here, does not crash when selecting audio but crashes when you turn the audio off or switch away from the cam with audio.
- time to roll back..

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I received an update 2 hrs ago. The audio is now working, and I haven't had any crashes yet.

Good show, and thanks!